10.17.2012

Phases

note....photos don't relate to post other than they are my children.  They have been inserted to keep your interest in a long and contemplative post :)

Funny how life has phases.  Some we move subtly and seamlessly between and others take deliberate and definite steps.

I feel like we are in the deliberate and definite phase at the moment making our way through more than one at a time....

9th grade football players don't appreciate their Mom taking photos

Phase one:
Our children this year are in 3 schools with 3 different start times.  My high schooler gets the bus at o'darkthirty....6:30.  My middle schooler leaves at 7:15 and my elementary schooler leaves at 8:30.  I don't function early in the morning so this schedule is torture.  Absolutely torture.  My thought this morning, I am going to be doing this early morning torture for years to come.  Any suggestions?

I will say that the upside to our morning schedule is that I get quality one on one time with each child. Even better, if possible to top quality time, they aren't fighting because there is no one with whom to fight as they are each going out the door separately.

Best icing piper e-ver

Phase two:
We installed a beverage fridge in our mudroom.  It has a lock.   At the moment we are keeping it locked to keep the soda safe.  I anticipate we will have much bigger worries in years to come.

flower girl preview

Phase three:
I used to need two school directories - one for home and one for my car.  I always kept a directory in my car for last minute playdates and calls to Moms.  With a high schooler, a middle schooler and an elementary schooler we aren't hosting as many playdates and the moms I most want to call are programmed in to my iphone.

trying out the outfit

Phase four:
I am going back to work.

After 11 years as a stay at home Mom I am returning to work.   I have been home 11 years to the month.  In October 2001 I resigned from my corporate career to stay home with my children.  My job was growing at the same time as my family and I knew just where I wanted to be. Home with my children was the place for me.

I always knew I would go back to work eventually but never knew when or where.   I also always said I wouldn't go back to a corporate career but would find something more creative.  I am so fortunate to have the choices I have thanks to my husband's dedication to our family.  So, this year seems like a good time and a great opportunity fell in to my lap, at the grocery store of all places.  I start tomorrow.

I will be working as a personal assistant to an architect who owns a small architecture and interior design firm.  I had the pleasure of working with them during our remodel project. They designed and drew plans for our family room built ins and helped source the inspiration fabric and some of the furniture we used in our Living Room.  They are down to earth and fun and I think I am going to love working there.  It's very part time at only 15 hours a week and seems to be just what I am looking for.  I can do office work anywhere but I might as well do it surrounded by a subject matter that fascinates me.  I am sure I will be a sponge for all that I will learn and look forward to helping them by freeing them of their office responsibilities.  In my interview I assured my prospective employer that I would not waste one penny of what I was paid and that, if she took a chance on me, I would make it worth her while.  They offered me the job before I left the interview.  I am hopeful for a long partnership.  Wish me luck...I start tomorrow.

flower girl preview close up



11 comments:

Kate said...

Congratulations! I am sure you will be a fantastic employee. I like working part-time and feeling like I am using my degree and actually helping people. I am thankful I have such a flexible schedule. sounds like you will too!!

Love Being A Nonny said...

Pray all goes well. These early mornings are preparing you for your work days I guess!!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Congratulations and knock 'em dead tomorrow!!

KK

Katie Clooney said...

Great pics! Sounds like a great job! Hope it went well today.

Heather said...

Best of luck on your new job!

The Mrs. said...

What a fun job to start back with. Creative and fun. So lucky you have your freedom like that! Can't wait to hear about your first day! Please post about it!

Jen said...

Congratulations!!! Hope you enjoy the new job. Part time sounds awesome!

Debra said...

Congrats on the new job. It sounds like so much fun! Hope you are enjoying it. :)

cancersucks said...

Way to go! And the pictures of your children are darling. I love your rug and runner on steps btw. Can't wait to hear about your new job.

lori carolina said...

Don't miss those early mornings at all and is a definite upside to homeschooling. How wonderful that you found a positive in it though, having one-on-one time with each!!
I am dying over your daughter's dress, it is darling!!! Such an elegant style, she looks lovely!!
Congrats on the new job, I hope you're enjoying it, I know you'll do well, it's right up your alley!!!!

fashion-meets-art said...

really nice and cute pictures!!!

FASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita